How to retain dental patients?Posted on
Here are the eleven tried and tested ways to retain dental patients:
1. Deliver personalized care to your patients by asking relevant questions and tailoring the care plan considering their unique needs. Don’t treat patients with a one-size-fits-all approach.
2. Announce special packages and complimentary consultations to delight your patients.
3. If you really want to retain dental patients, never promise what you cannot deliver.
4. Successful dental practices are built on trust. Build patients’ trust in your staff and services.
5. Set patients’ expectations, and then meet and exceed the benchmark at every touchpoint of the patient journey.
6. Ensure your staff and key processes, such as appointment setting, confirming, and canceling, are patient-friendly.
7. To retain dental patients, connect with them at an emotional level.
8. The appearance of your office plays a vital role in retaining dental patients. Work on your waiting room’s aesthetics. If you haven’t updated your office for ten years, you might be unknowingly turning away younger patients.
9. Patient reviews are powerful tools for increasing retention rates. Ask for patient feedback, so that you can understand the problem and fix it.
10. Patient engagement plays a crucial role in retention. Engaged patients are loyal patients. Use effective and frequent communication to improve patient engagement.
11. Follow up with patients after the appointment. This will show them that you are interested in their well-being and recovery.