4 Types of Videos All Dental Practices Should MakePosted on
Videos are captivating. According to a report, four out of the top-six online channels on which people watch video are social channels. In fact, your website visitors will stay longer if it has some video content. Google’s algorithms will love this extra time and will reward you with a better ranking on search engines.
According to another report, video content on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80 percent, and the mention of the word “video” in your email subject line can increase the open rates by almost 19 percent. However, video has not only transformed how healthcare marketers promote their services; it has also revolutionized how they connect with and convert prospects and how patient engagement teams support and delight patients. In short, video is incredibly useful throughout the entire patient journey – not just to enhance your brand awareness.
Video is a versatile tool for healthcare marketers throughout the entire patient journey, and it can do much more than just increase engagement. Analytics can help marketers and SEO experts prioritize cold or potential leads. Video content is not only limited to uploading a video on your website or YouTube channel; it encompasses several forms and tactics. You can upload explainer videos to educate your potential and existing patients, product demos to convince your prospects, video testimonials to reassure your patients and social media videos to engage them.
Video marketing is gaining a vital place in dental practice marketing plans, regardless of their size and location. Most dental marketers use video marketing to connect with existing and potential patients, engage with them and convert them into regular patients. Video marketing is also an effective way to build brand awareness because the majority of people are turning to online videos for entertainment and education. Video content provides opportunities for creativity and versatility, and if done right, it does not eat into your marketing budget. With online videos, your dental practice can improve conversion rates, increase outreach and significantly improve patient engagement levels.
Undoubtedly, video marketing can be the most effective addition to your dental practice marketing toolbox. Here are some of the key reasons why you should consider video content marketing:
1. Increases Conversions: Adding a product video on your website can increase conversion rates significantly. Video content, if done right, can also lead to appointments.
2. Improves ROI: Video provides a good return on investment. Video production is not a simple task, but the gains are significant. Besides, online video editing tools are improving and becoming more affordable. You can make decent videos using your smartphone.
3. Builds Trust: Trust is the foundation of any healthcare practice. Video content is likely to engage users and ignite emotions. For instance, some people are skeptical about trying a new dentist. But effective video marketing can present your practice and services in a conversational form.
4. Google Prefers Video Content: Videos increase the time spent by visitors on your website, which signals search engines that your website has relevant content. According to Moovly, a company is more likely to show up on the first two pages of Google if it has a video embedded on its website. However, be sure to optimize your video content for dental SEO.
5. More Shares on Social Networks: The latest features on social networks encourage the sharing of video content. However, on social networks, people are more interested in sharing emotions, not facts. Though emotions cannot directly increase your ROI, social shares can drive more targeted traffic to your dental practice website.
Types of Video Content
Are you launching a new product? Are you looking to launch an effective digital marketing campaign that gives your dental practice the attention it deserves? If yes, then turn to video marketing. Nearly 71 percent of marketers agree that video outperforms any other form of marketing content. This is why so many businesses have an explainer video on their landing page, and these businesses feel their videos are effective in attracting and retaining website visitors.
Emotionally charged and creative videos can spread on the Internet like wildfire, getting millions of views within a few days. A well-made video can become your best patient acquisition and marketing tool. Here are four types of videos that will take your dental practice marketing to the next level.
1. Product Demonstrations: Product videos allow your existing and potential patients to see your products and services at their own convenience, without relying on your staff members to walk them through the process. Including videos on your product page will increase visitors’ time on that page, which may increase the likelihood that they might convert. Product videos will highlight your products’ features and benefits while effectively engaging your target audience. These videos are particularly beneficial for prospects who are in the awareness stages and looking for an explanation of your services. Dental practice marketers can include product update videos on their website. These videos can keep your existing and potential patients updated about the changes to your service offerings. In addition, product videos can educate your patients and help improve product adoption.
2. Testimonials: Reviews and testimonials are the quickest and easiest forms of video to produce. Such videos are powerful because there is no better salesperson for your practice than satisfied patients. Most potential patients do not trust testimonials written on a third-party website because there is no way of ensuring if the comments are genuine. However, a video is quite convincing. Video testimonials will not only tell a success story but will also empower happy patients to share their stories in their own words. This will create a much more powerful message for both marketing and conversion purposes. Patient testimonial videos can play an integral role in attracting new patients.
3. Educational Video: Explainer or educational videos are an excellent way of introducing your practice to potential patients and explaining your services. These videos are simple and easy to follow, pointing out how you address your patients’ health issues. Explainer videos can increase your conversion by almost 20 percent, so consider adding one to your landing pages. By the end of your explainer video, your viewers should be ready to take the desired action based on the information they have learned in your video. While product videos will ultimately be replaced by updated videos, educational videos will provide value for a long time.
4. Behind-the-Scenes Video: These videos give you the opportunity to interact with your target audience by telling them your story. Behind-the-scenes videos allow your target audience to become familiar with your practice and the unique value it offers. Sharing these videos is particularly important for individual practices because the video has the potential to increase patient awareness and highlight the unique services that set your brand apart from competitors. Well-made videos influence people’s buying decisions. Video content can create positive emotions, which affect your patients’ perceptions about your practice and services. People prefer to visit practitioners they like and trust. One of the best ways to make your practice seem more trustworthy is to share videos that provide a glimpse of your values and culture.
With online video content becoming a key means for people to satisfy their information needs, dental practices that do not include it in their marketing campaigns will do so at their peril. The video is the future of content marketing.
When it comes to potential reach, video content is incomparable. For instance, YouTube attracts more than 1 billion unique visitors every month, which is more than any other social network, except Facebook. Video can give you access to a vast community of online video viewers. Engage your viewers and they will not only share your video with others but also spend more quality time on your website. For social media marketing, SEO campaigns and online marketing strategies, the video is one of the best tools in your arsenal.
The dental practice marketing experts at Practice Builders have extensive experience helping dentists attract more traffic and convert more visitors into leads and patients. Check out our dental marketing services and make sure to adjust your SEO strategy for 2019 accordingly.