Here’re five guaranteed ways to keep patients coming back to your dental practice:
1. Protect your online reputation: Patients like to visit dental practices that have a strong online reputation. Make sure to take practical steps to maintain your reputation.
2. Make patients feel important: There are many effective ways to connect with your patients and make them feel wanted. You can consider staying connected to them by sending them personalized emails, texts or mailers inquiring about their health, asking about their experience, and reminding them of their upcoming appointment. These texts and emails will help you stay on top of patients’ minds.
3. Understand your patients’ needs: You have to understand why your patients choose your practice over competitors. It can be anything from a convenient location to lower prices to a stronger reputation. Whatever motivated your patients to choose, you can be your dental practice’s USP. For instance, if your reputation motivated patients to choose you, make sure to motivate more patients to post positive reviews online.
4. Respond to patient queries instantly: Patients don’t like to wait, especially in today’s world of any time, anywhere access. If your patients have to wait days to have their queries answered by your staff, they will likely start thinking about switching providers.
5. Personalize the patient experience: Call patients by their names and ask them how their day is going. Even if you are not in direct touch with patients for days, have your staff send out emails and texts to inquire about their wellbeing and tell them that you care. If your patients feel you care about them, they’ll be much more likely to show you loyalty.